Dashboard


Monday, January 14, 2008

Mid-Nineties

Sat down for a little session. Played pretty straightforward with a little bit of extra spice thrown in.

See a flop with 9hTh. Flop top pair and pot the flop. Get min raised. Feels like a massage raise so I jump out of the pool. He shows that he flopped top two. Good read, nice fold.

Played this AKos poorly. I turn top/top and let bad guy set his price to draw to his flush. I was simultaneously slow playing and playing weak. Clearly should have bumped the turn to see if I was being crushed already or to extract more out of the drawer.

Hey I flopped two pair with my presto and I stab to find out where I am. Guess no one had a deuce or a six they wanted to fight with.

Same thing here. I have TT and again find that nobody hit the pair on board or the third card.

Ac4c is second pair. Nobody wants it on the flop? OK, I'll lay claim to the pot.

Flopped two pair again with 67os and once more dodge someone holding trips out on the table.

Ts8s and a pretty good flop, third nuts plus a GSSFD. I check call the flop, pot the turn, then shove the river. The amount of time that it took him to fold leads me to believe that the 9h might have killed the action since it made a one card straight possible. I think he might have paid if the river blanked.

AsQh is good on A high flop.

Oh dear, it's the old "folds around through the button and shove with the nuts from the SB because it so obviously looks like a steal" move that works like a charm. Even if I WERE stealing...defending four cents with 5cTc? Really? OK, go ahead, just don't suck out on me please, thanks!

And on that note, I can tell that I'm mentally fading so I pack up my tables and wrap it up for the session. $2.79 to the good and now at $95.27, two buy-ins striking distance from the century milestone.

No comments: