Dashboard


Friday, December 28, 2007

Back up into the 90s

Been taking it on the chin a bit lately. Sit down wanting to get back into 90s territory. Part way through I realize that I shouldn't really be too goal oriented other than to make the most right decisions possible. I think you can really screw yourself if you end up trying to press to get to a certain number. Nonetheless, the cards fell my way enough in the end to get me over the hump.

QJ OESD hits and implied odds compensate for paying a little too much on the flop.

Snowmans see a 99T flop. Good and bad. I could be ahead so I throw out a min probe bet to see if anyone is interested and I hope no one has a 9. Two callers. Not a lot of cards that I'll be happy with on such a draw heavy flop...oh well hello Mr. Snowman on the turn. Now I *want* someone to have a 9 as long as they dodge their side card. I think about it a little and decide that I'm paying off TT or T9 here so it's time to pump the pot. Bet/raise/re/shove. After the board completes a potential straight, K9 decides he wants to get money in the pot now. Nice slow play on the flop buddy.

I played AJ so strong here. I should have raised the riv for value but the pot was already SO huge that I was happy flat calling my monstrous A high.

Not sure how much to value this one on the end when BB 5c7c rivers the likely nuts. Keep both in or try to get more from one?

OESFD gets there...not THERE but there enough. I also had Jason outs to quads so I'm quite confortable with my call on the flop.

Knew he caught his A on the turn and I was going to flatten him with my A4 two purr.

Another marginal sitch. I've got Ac3c, flop top and bottom pair on a single suited board and feel that I'm ahead so I pop it but am ready to let go if I get any action. I am not crazy about the crowded hand but I also figure that it is likely that everyone had a spade which gives me more odds of not getting sucked out. Spade on the riv and KsTh rakes "my" pot. That one stung a bit because I made a correct gutty action and still lost a pot that would have put me over 90 for the session. But I remind myself again not to be too target oriented for the session.

Another odd hand. I have KT and flop two pair on T44 flop. Bet ahead of me and I min raise in position to try to figure out where I'm at. Flat call. I guess I should have three bet for more info. Turn is a 5, connector to the 4. Check to me. Hmmmm. OK. I'll see a free card. River is a K, enough to sell me that I am now more ahead (which I marginally am) so I call the .12 on the riv to find out the my three pair are losing to AA (limped!) for a higher two pair.

This is how it is *suposed* to work. My AA vs KK vs TT. That a nice way to cap off a pretty long session so I shut down my tables.

261 hands. Left the tables up $4.48 and am now at $90.08.

No comments: