Dashboard


Sunday, December 2, 2007

Session 3 - Almost back to even

Bought in for $2.36 to adhere to the 5% rule. Short session. 22 hands and entered three hands voluntarily, played five overall.

Hand 1
I post my BB and pick up my trouble hand in return. The pot is unraised to I see the flop with QdTh and end up catching top pair decent kicker in late position. It checks to me and I through out a pot sized bet, one caller. Turn blanks and it checks to me again and I make it half pot now, called. Check on the river and I check behind. I'm pretty sure I was up against Q with worse kicker and could have valued something on the end but wanted to go conservative since I didn't want to get involved in the hand in the first place. Take down a $1.15 pot which brings me up to $2.97. Not bad for a blind hand.

Hand 2
Pick up K6os in BB. Q high flop checks around. K comes on the turn and it checks around again. River is a J and one guy throws out a pot-ish sized bet. Turns out they had Q6os and beat the one caller. What do you do with hitting the board with a marginal hand that you inherit?

Hand 3
Raise with JJ and of course collect a Q and a K on the flop. Checked to me, bet it? I check behind. Min bet on the turn. I call. Big bet on the river and I think that someone figures their Qx is good or they may have been slow playing QK. I'm not beating much though the min bet feeler followed by a big bet smells like a steal. I fold.

Hand 4
I have Royal's 3d6d in the BB and see the entire board for free. Chop a 14 cent pot with another 3x when we both pair the river for bottom pair insignificant kicker. Ship it! Or...ship half of it!

Hand 5
Raise preflop with 99 and get two callers. Flop comes out 8 high and two hearts. A check to me, I bet pot, and the person behind me ships all in for $1.98. Fold in front of me and the overbet smells like a draw though I honestly have no idea what they have. Could easily be a set as well protecting against a draw. 67 would make nut straight. I think it is a "go away" bet and I call. They show AKos and 99 holds up to take down a $4.34 pot.

I am close enough to the 10% threshold that I want to cash out. That takes me up to $49.79 and I'm almost breaking even.

No comments: