Dashboard


Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting right back on that horse again

String of bad outcomes last session. Down almost 10% off of peak so I asked the TNP crowd to review the play and got confirmation that yeah it's just a bad session. I don't have the numbers but I'm quite sure that shoving with QQ and AK are EV+ moves in this arena. Just ran into the minority of hands where I'm in really bad shape.

So far so good. Playing my hands "on the list" and just waiting for cards.

Pot it with JJ after a bunch of limpers. Two callers. A high flop and I check/fold. They both have A/no kicker.

JJ again and I pot it, get raised. I flat call. Flop comes T high and I pot it. He folds.

Just a bunch of middling hands swapping chips around the table. Only got flattened on one hand. Pick up QQ. Raise it and get one caller. Flop is paired and all below me. I shove. Get called by AcJc for an over and four to the flush. I know we're flipping but ask for "no club, no ace, no club, no ace." How about both?

I feel like I am being bluffed off of hands by scare cards. I am tinkering with a pattern of pre-flop raise, pot bet on the flop, and just shove it in on the turn if I feel I am ahead and get it overwith. Probably EV+ for me since I can't bet into a third suit on the river if its been check/called all the way.

Down $3.54 to $84.30. Now almost 15% off of peak and heading the wrong way from $100. That's it for now. Will be back in the trenches later.

No comments: