Dashboard


Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A few quarters in the Xmas stocking

A little morning session before heading off to the folks place. Four tables.

What was I doing here? QsJs and I check the flop because of my kicker? Then the flush gets there and THEN I decide to put money in? I thought the 1/2 pot bet looked stabby or looking for another club so I called pretty sure I was ahead still. Blank on the river and I lead out, he mucks. Fumble on the flop but was recovered and got some yardage out of it as well.

7T suited, one of my lucky hands and I get it for free. I flop middle and turn two so I bet and take it down. One card straight out there so I'm not going to the mat or anything but I don't want to give a free card here.

Misplayed QQ here. I pot it pre-flop with QQ and drag along two short stacks in the blinds. All I'm thinking is "no A, no A" and sure enough A flops. Check, check to me. I don't like it but I make a half pot stab. Fold then a shove for .36 more on top of the .42 stab. Begrudgingly call and pay off AT. Better options: check behind and set mine, min bet to open the door and then fold, shove to rep AK if I'm going to pay him off fully anyway. I definitely felt beat but paid him off anyway. No real semibluff to speak of on that flop. His stack was just the right size too. Any shorter and he doesn't make as much, any more and I'm not paying it.

Interesting hand here. I'm dealt AKos and pot it. Flop is K high but I don't like the T next to it. There is a hesitation check and I don't like it but I am stuck in a weird spot. Even if I am behind I don't feel like I can fold here. I decide that I cannot get away from this hand and shove it all in. Insta-call from KT top two as I feared but I know my superior starting hand gives me counterfeit outs but they don't come. Reload. What to do, check behind? Pot it? If he flat calls then he could be on either a flush draw or OESD or slow playing his two pair. If he check raises me then that could be a semi bluff or a KQ, KJ etc. I would have a hard time trusting my read enough that I could get away from this and just had to go with the odds that in most cases at these stakes I'm ahead. Maybe if a third diamond came out then it would freeze us both and I could see a cheaper showdown. Bahhh. Weird hand.

Pretty card dead. Folding a ton of hands today.

Pre-flop and there are two blinds and three limpers ahead of me so I execute an info-shove to see if anyone has my AA beat. Ummm...nope. But a couple of ducks come along for the ride figuring that he is at best even money or a 4:1 dog plus totally counterfeitable if the board double pairs. Thanks!

$1.31 from 139 hands to bring me back up to $93.59 and a few bucks shy of the high water mark.

No comments: