Dashboard


Sunday, December 23, 2007

I blame myself

OK, now THIS was a session with just bad poker. Cards didn't help but I wasn't helping things either managing to get money in bad in a lot of different ways.

QJ doesn't get paid by a worse trips.

Good flop for pocket treys. Probably would not have gotten paid any more than a double up of my short stack. Let me see, four to a straight, three Clubs, and a paired board. Top pair HAS to be good, right?

Marginal situation with AT by the turn I am beating a (highly presumed) Ace with a kicker of 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and losing to AK, AQ, or AJ, and chopping it up with another AT possibly. Limped pot so I find all the hands beating me to be less likely. He has AQ. Oh well. Marginal but I think this is EV+ on balance.

No really, I do know how to lay down an overpair (QQ) but I thought I was up against a flush draw here. I need something more than just a four color deck so I can see straight draws more easily.

Two red Aces on a paired board and four Clubs. I have to be good right? Puleeez.

Here are my snowmans leading my short stack into battle and successfully finding not only AA but an A8 suited to kill one of my outs.

Wow, some really bad play here. I was tired and I knew it. I could have used some blanks falling to help me out in my predicament but this is just me donking off chips. At least I recognized it and backed out of my tables to cut my losses. 125 hands to biff off three buy-ins. Now down to $75.13. I'm still up 50% from my original buy in but find it sorely disappointing to be be a couple bucks shy of doubling up last weekend and having my roll spiral down the toilet.

No comments: