Dashboard


Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Four tables - no waiting

Just set up my new monitor that Santa dropped off early for me. Four tables are still overlapping, meh, but much better than on my laptop screen.

Potted with AsQd. Flopped an Ace, potted it. Turn was third club, check check. River was Qc for fourth club and two pair for me. I put out a bet and get a shove from the nut flush. I fold.

Oh good, QQ. I pot it and UTG who had limped now shoves. I call his AJos. I'm trying not to think negatively but I am prepared for an A to hit...which it does...twice. Reload.

Here's a weird one. AKos in BB with a raise, a shove, and a call ahead of me. Too much action and I decide to get out for my BB and pick a better spot. Any pair is a coin flip and I am assuming that some of my outs are gone. ROT says excellent fold when BOTH other dominated A hands made two pair.

See a flop with AT and flop top/top. Pot the flop. Ship the turn. Q8 (gutshot on flop) paired the turn then catches trip eights on the river. Nice.
Lose to Q8 bottom pair and gutter to my top top/

This one's for Joe. Ship it!

Thank goodness for donks like this guy. I raise pre-flop with 99 and flop top set on an all diamond board. There's a min bet stab and I pot it. Two callers(!). I don't need to wait long as the turn pairs the low card. Check to me and I push while a single diamond might still think they can catch and be good. One guy thinks then calls and the other folds. He's drawing dead. He has an "over" (A) and a gutter on a paired board with three diamonds of which he has zero. Nice call. Thanks. Please call again.

This guy knows the power of the SpainR. Calls (not pushes, CALLS) a shove with Js8d, not a true but gets the job done against the lame AK hand.

Pick up pocket rockets, good. Worst flop ever gets worse on the river. Checks through and I take it down. Scarrrrry.

Damn I'm good. I pick up the Doyle Brunson in the BB and put the "fold to any bet" button on. I tend to other tables and when I come back I've rivered two pair and win in a walk taking down a massive .14 pot.

I call a short stack with a wired pair of 77 figuring his range is the ocean. Run into QQ and they hold up.

Now I am the short stack and pick up QQ and shove. SAME GUY now overshoves to isolate. He shows 88 and I figure he's returning the favor. Uh uh. 8 on the riv to boat up and I'm felted. Reload.

Some minor justice here when I call a short stack with AQ dominating AT. AT flops top two but I catch runner runner broadway. I would rather win the big ones but I'll take it.

The tables began slowing down to a crawl and people started bailing so I shut down my tables and left.

Big session: 325 hands. After the crappy run of hands and two reloads I am only down $2.44 for the session when I easily could have been up at least that much. Currently down to $89.90.

I did run into one unique situation this session and that was after I more than doubled up on the 9s full hand. At that point I had more than $5 on the table and I usually don't like that and take off but since it is "stack limit" poker I actually had all but two players covered so with them it was essentially the same as me having my normal $2.40. One guy was fully loaded with > $20 and the last guy was just a shade over me. I was very conscious of all of the stack sizes and was careful about who I mixed it up with. Servers slowed down anyway so it never ended up being an issue.

No comments: