Dashboard


Monday, December 3, 2007

Sugar!

Sat down with the default $2.40. Saw a flop with JsQs which had been raised to .12. Didn't mean to call a raised pot, meant to limp but oh well. Flop comes out A high and get a 1/2 pot bet from a stabbing machine. I feel he doesn't have an A and that I can bet him off but I don't bother. Muck.

Few hands later I again find QJ suited, this time in H. Many handed to the flop which comes an open ender. Enough in the pot that I call then turn a flush draw to go with the open ender and at that point I think I'm calling anything. A guy check/shoves and I end up calling off another .74. River comes an Ace and I have the nuts. Guy in front of me checks and I shove in case he has two pair that he can't get away from. In this game I think that is the right move instead of trying to value him for a little. No call and I rake a $3.21 pot. That brings me up to $51.81 and I end a session with sugar for the first time. Good trend and I'm hoping to never have to touch my original stake any more.

4 comments:

royalbacon said...

So I guess that means you’ll be playing another SnG, then, to avoid touching your original buy-in?

I don’t see you buying in for only $1.81 into the cash game, but I’ve been wrong before.

Will said...

Good point. No, I didn't mean literally not touch it. I just meant to not end up a session under $50 anymore.

royalbacon said...

But maybe you could be literal with it. SnG’s not such a bad idea, as you took 2nd last time.

— your manager

Will said...

Yeah, I think SnG's are +EV for me but the variance is a little rough. Buy in for $1 + .20 and they pay 5/3/2 for 1st/2nd/3rd so even if I just eek into the money half the time I'm good. Plus placing higher gives me even more room but there will be plenty of times that I flame out before hitting the money and I'm not going to worry that much about touching my original stake that I'm going to screw around with trying to do a SnG. I need to collect more data in order to figure out what is better $/hour. Plus even a SnG is a time commitment whereas you can just get up anytime from a ring game.