Dashboard


Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dec 15 short session - two hit and runs

Got invited to a party this morning and paid $2.40 to attend.

Seat 3 couldn't wait to play Hold'em roulette. Haven't seen this guy rebuy yet so I don't know how long he's going to be hosting and I have to balance hand strength versus time. Again, very much akin to late stage tournament play where you have a limited amount of hands to take a stand. I find AhJh and feel it is good enough. For some reason I flat call the BB and wait for him to push even though he has been putting it in each hand even if someone shoves on him. In between us I collect a guy that pots it. Aggro shoves, I shove, middle guy shoves. Each of us are suited, AJ vs A2 vs K2. Not bad. I have one guy dominated and they are each taking one of each other's outs. Don't like that K hanging out there though. Q85 rainbow flop...gooooood. T on the turn makes a badugi. Then a terrorizing K on the river has me shaking my head that aggro-donk caught his live card until the chips start getting swept my way and I thought I just won the side pot but then the main pot comes my way too. Ahhh, K gives me a broadway straight. Yeah, I knew that.

So I'm ready to pack it in after almost 20 hands played but then I pick up AdKd on the other table. I pot it with one caller. Flop is good news (K high) and bad news (spade, spade, spade). I pot it again, call. Turn comes a Qd and I shove. Bad buy has As and a Q for a pair and the nut flush draw. River is a beautiful blank and I cash in on the other table too.

19 hands $5.24 of sugar. $83.81 is a new peak.

No comments: