Dashboard


Saturday, December 1, 2007

Here we go...

Hello everyone. This is my blog to track the progress on my True Cake Challenge.

I am starting with $50 and will parlay that amount into ever increasing amounts through skill, experience, know-how, luck, and some help from my friends. But the key tool that will help me succeed is going to be proper bankroll management. I will be basing my bankroll managment guidelines on those of Chris "Jesus" Ferguson who has previously parlayed $1 into over $20,000 and as an encore he then started with zero and has taken that to over $25,000.

Thesse are the rules that I am going to use to manage my bankroll.
* Limit the buy-in to a cash game to 5% of my bankroll.
* Limit the buy-in to a single table sit and go to 2% of my bankroll.
* Limit the buy-in to a multi-table tournament to 1% of my bankroll.
* Never have more than 10% of my bankroll at risk on one hand.
* If I slip 10% below my high water mark then I must immediately stop playing for at least 10 hours as a cooling off period so that I can make sure that I am playing with a clear head.
* If I slip 15% below my high water mark then I must move down in stakes until I reach my high water mark again.

As with Chris Ferguson's rules, there will be exceptions for micro-stakes in that I will be always be able to buy into the smallest games regardless of bankroll. I will also review these rules and tweak them as necessary.

No comments: