Dashboard


Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Stuck in the 90s

Once again getting denied from crossing the century mark.

A(K) high good. Check check on the flop. Figured my AK was good on the turn so I bet it after it is checked to me, call. Huh? Checked to me once more and it seems like a "missed" check more than a "slow play" check. Pretty sure I'm good but also figure that there's no reason to bet it. Take it down.

AdQd and I miss the flop but get priced in with a min-bet to chase. A comes on the turn and I pot it. The guy shoves and I feel like I've been trapped so I toss in the rest of my stack and confirm that I am indeed beat but not as bad off as I could be. Any A, any Q, any J, or any Deuce pulls the steak out of the fire. Blank on the river and now I understand one of the reasons for the min-bet pattern. Noted. But the next time that cheap turn card is going to fill my straight instead.

Ah6d, another hand I got stuck with in the BB. I'm in position in a limped pot and I pot the flop to announce that I have an A, call. Turn gives me an OESD to go along with top pair and I check behind for a free card. Board pairs 7s which actually only hurts my kicker issue. He pots it on the riv and I decide he was on a busted flush draw and raise him on the river instead of folding or flat calling. He shoves and I'm committed to pay off his boat. Did I mention this was an unraised pot?

Got him right where I want him. QQ is going to pay off my KK. Gutter on the riv and I'm stacked. Oh well. I sucked out with my QQ vs KK the other day. The odds all equal out.

74 hands. Down $6.65 to bring me down to scraping the bottom of the 90 buck range at $90.67.

No comments: