Dashboard


Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dec 22

Saturday morning session. Four tables.

Fish hooks hold up against14 outs on the turn.

JhQc and I flop the nut straight. Wish I could give a cheap card but board is too dangerous besides, a raise here is not going so scare away anyone I want action from anyway.

Messed up AA against DCD, a good aggressive player who will do the betting on the end for me. I slow play the flop then check raise the turn. Meant to shove but just min-raised due to Cake interface. Still take down pot though.

Excellent pot size control here by me. I'm in the lead with KQ and raise the flop, call, call. Then after the board forms a straight on the river I bet enough so two calls still ends up $1. We chop, Cake tax free!

Big blind special T3os and I flop top/bottom against AT. Board pairs and I'm counterfeited. What did I say about unraised pots?

I've been running so good with QQ, I'm overjoyed to see them again. Shove. I'm up against "two overs" by two different players AQ and KQ. K flops (and rivers btw) and my set outs are already spoken for. At least I win .35 for the side pot against AQ. I'm trying to avoid pots where I "win" and end up with a shorter stack than I started with.

Did I mention how much I love QQ? News flash, QQ is not favored against any random A.

Flop top set with 99 and I double up through another gutter chaser.

The art of the slow play. QJ flops trips, turn a boat, get paid on the river in a three way show down.

Good news is I'm only down .99 for the session despite getting my money in good in some losses. $83.31 total.

No comments: