Dashboard


Thursday, December 6, 2007

Three table tourney

Pay $1 + .10 for a three table tourney since there is no cash game table readily available.

First hand I pick up KK in late position and it folds around to me so I shove hoping that either the button, SB, or BB is a donk enough to call my shove wanting to gamble or have a decent hand and think that I'm donking. No customers but I take the blinds. I decide to show my cards. Then the BB chimes in with a comment in the chat about how I got the absolute least value from my good hands. And before I can reply to his comment he calls off his stack to a pre-flop shove holding KdQd, everyone's favorite dominated hand. He flops a Q but it is WAY behind the QQ of the guy that shoved in front of him. Ahhhh...timing is everything. Oh wait, damn, it was the SB who called, not the guy who commented. Well that's not nearly as interesting. Bah!

Now I'm just posting blinds waiting for something playable. Blinds not worth stealing yet.

I have outlasted 5 players out of 30. If 20 more players go out ahead of me then I make the money.

24 players and the guy that I was targeting to trap because of his massive overbets has been moved to another table before I can take notes on him.

Down to 2 tables now, 20 people. Still haven't played another hand.

Limp with KJos. Big stack raises to 4x BB. I fold.

I get dealt KK AGAIN. Has it been 220 hands? This time I'm in EP and I gamble that it is worth waiting for big stack to try bullying the table again so I limp and of course big stack folds and it limps the rest of the way around the table. Uh oh. Oh look, I flopped top set. Two spades on board and I get a pot sized bet ahead of me. I again slow play and flat call knowing that someone behind me might shove with a spade draw, case king, or just to try to steal a sizable pot. Figure I might get another caller also. No other customers. A relative blank on the turn and the other guys shoves. Instacall and it was actually set over set and I double up.

Shortly thereafter I get AcKc and again decide to limp. Bunch of callers and the flop comes AKJ. Great flop. I am ahead of a ton of hands that are going to give me mad action and only realistically behind any moron playing QT. I pot it and get raised back. I cannot get away from it and go ahead and push and am instacalled by, you guessed it, QT. Oh well, I have outs. King on the turn. King on the river and my quads with ace kicker are good...as is my kings full. Oh and the guy I eliminated WAS the one who made the comment about wasting my good hands. Oh the irony.

Now I get AsKs and I pot it. One caller. Flop trip aces. Pot it and he folds.

11 players now and I'm closing in. Third place in chips.

Min raise with KQos. Flop comes ace high. Checks all the way through and king high is good enough.

9 players now. Fifth in chips.

Wow pocket fours just pushed on a flop that they had no part of and got called by top two. Rivered a four. Ugly but it eliminates another player.

8 players. Fifth in chips.

Called a min raise with AQos. Nothing.

Freakin AA! Couple of limpers. I raise to 10xBB no callers. I show.

7 players. Still 5th.

Call min raise with KJos. Ace high and I fold to a half pot bet.

We're on break now.

Payouts are 12/7.20/4.80/3.60/2.40. I'm looking to stack one more player between now and going out which should get to about third/fourth place money. Then I'll switch gears and see how high I can climb the ladder.

I played 10 out of 63 hands. Won 3/3 showdowns.

Back from break now.

Limp/call min with QJ os. Flopped second pair on KQ high board. Make min bet. Call. Turn an open ender with a T. Min bet. Call. Blank on river. Min bet. Now I'm third in chips.

Ouch. My JJ vs TT and AQ. Fine through fourth street and I'm a huge favorite to nearly triple up. Ace on the river.

I'm now on the bubble and have only about 5 times the blinds. Fold KhTh and Ah6s to raises in front of me. But am rewarded with AcQc on the button. Get called by QdJd and we both flop our non-Q cards. Double up but am still 6th.

Short stack pushes and I make a crying call with KsJs knowing full well that I'm probably behind an ace but am getting reasonable odds. Hit my J and welcome to the money.

I've now locked up 4th place money minimum and am 2nd in chips.

I get a walk in the BB with a club Muncie.

I'm looking to wait out short stack to lock in 3rd. I call his all in with 88 and get another caller. Flop top set on dangerous board so I push. Other player folds. I take him out and we are three handed now.

Dancing around each other. Playing small ball.

Sorry, no time to blog shorthanded.

Hey, 1st place! $12 for two hours of work. Nice. Brings total up to $67.09.

177 hands. Other stats are irrelevant shorthanded.

3 comments:

royalbacon said...

Awesome. I believe that's the biggest tourney the Cakers have won during the Challenge. Nicely done!

Marshall said...

not to be a dick, but Austin had a bigger cash in a tourney..

Ryan said...

Nice work.

Can you explain the hand showing that you do? What are you trying to set up, either image-wise or play-wise, and how are you taking advantage of it later on?